" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 11, 2009

WHITE TRASH



For a short and sweet holiday treat whip up some white trash (also called muddy buddies, puppy chow, reindeer food, etc. )

White trash gets its name from the new white plastic trash bag used in its making. I use Tupperware with the lid sealed instead. It increases the washing up but decreases the landfill. I'm not quite sure if that offsets the additional energy used/associated with the use of dish soap, water, and the energy to heat the water. You could always put some more money in Al Gore's pocket by purchasing offsets from the company he happens to have created and still owns as far as I know. See--that makes me suspect of anything he says when he promotes Global Warming..no wait, now it's climate change, since the data doesn't quite support the theory.

Moving away from the political tangent and back to the recipe. Here's how to make the white trash, otherwise known as Sweet Minglers :

Melt 6 ounces of chocolate chips. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter. Stir to mix. Now add 6 cups of Crispix cereal. Mix until cereal is coated. Dump into a white trash bag or a Tupperware type container, top with up to 1 cup powdered sugar, seal, and shake away..until all the cereal is coated.

Store in a sealed container. Recipe says in the fridge. There's nothing to spoil and it gets gone fast, so I don't see why it's necessary unless you live in a hot climate and don't want it to melt.

Warning--this is addictive so think twice before making/eating. Enjoy.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.