" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 17, 2009

Laughing Cow Philly Skillet or Sandwich


Image from midtownlunch.com



Image from Google Images


O.K. So the other day I baked 3 boneless skinless chicken breast. Day one was LC Chicken Smash, previous post..with the oven roasted carrots.

Day two was fruited chicken salad.

Day three--a takeoff on the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.

Short and sweet, here's the gist of it.

In a skillet saute green pepper and onion. Add some mushrooms if you have them.

Slice/dice the cooked b/s breast and throw it in once the veg is browned nicely.

While that is taking place, heat up some leftover seasoned rice and place a portion on your plate.

Chicken hot?..dump the chicken veg. mix onto the rice, and pinch off pieces of a LCL cheese wedge triangle, distribute it around.

Drizzle with a dressing--Ranch is nice but I used this, mix it together:

1 tablespoon mayo
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
2-3 teaspoons water to thin.

Talk about a heap 'o yum.

Don't have any rice??..No sub rolls?..Then toast a couple of slices of 'diet' bread, butter lightly, sprinkle with garlic powder, and top with the chicken/veg mixture plus the dressing. You'll probably have to eat this with a fork at some point.

I'll just say this--baking multiple b/s chicken breast is handy and delicious.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.