" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 14, 2009

Laughing Cow Chicken Smash



Herein is the short version. For the detailed version, scroll down.


Chicken --bake it. Smash wedge of Laughing Cow Light onto it. Place under broiler 'til cheese is melt-y.

Want carrots? Add to pan. Roast alongside chicken. Dust with cinnamon. Butter.

Eat. Good.

************************************************************
For sure--I've had my share of Christmas goodies! Needing a change and some 'healthy' fare, and having some boneless skinless (b/s) chicken in the fridge I decided I'd bake the remaining 3 breasts, eat one today, put the other 2 in the freezer to eat at a later date.

Being in the mood for something different I came up with Laughing Cow Chicken. Easy and a taste treat.

I prepped the chicken--which means I washed, patted dry, seasoned and lightly misted it with oil-- and placed it on a baking sheet. Then I decided I might as well add some carrot slices and roast them along with the chicken. The key is to cut them to a size that will be tender when the chicken is tender. And mist them with oil as well.

When both the chicken and carrots were nicely cooked, I removed 2 of the breasts, topped the remaining one with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese--French Onion flavor-- just smash it on so it sticks. Also, dust your carrots with some cinnamon. Pop it under the broiler just long enough to get the cheese melt-y. Add a dab of light butter to your carrots and enjoy.

This was my lunch. Husband didn't get any. He sure missed out. It was yummy.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.