" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 7, 2009

WHO SAYS YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE?

Photo from Celeste at http://picasaweb.google.com/spazwithaspatula.

Photo by Grete Howard at http://www.flickr.com/photos/11683866@N06/.



MARSHMALLOWS? or WHIPPED CREAM? Yes, please!!

For years I chose one or the other...never both...never could I conceive of having both..why, the thought never even occurred to me.!! Then I got smart. I discovered people are having both on their hot chocolate. Whoa!!! Who'd have thought this? Not moi!! A light bulb moment. Decadence in a cup for a dime. And if you dig around in the bottom of your purse and find that Starlight mint you can crush it up and sprinkle it on top.

In these trying times, have a little cheap luxury..a cheap thrill. All the while getting your calcium and your vitamin D3.

Just for the record, during the holidays my coffee and eggnog are dressed up with whipped cream and sprinkled with red and green sugar. Makes me feel special and no effort is involved. Get yourself on down to the IGA or Piggly Wiggly and get yourself some colored sugar and whipped cream in a can. Or to save some bucks head over to the Dollar Store or Big Lots. And if you don't feel like venturing out, color your own granulated sugar. If you're reading this post it means you have access to Google, so if you don't know how to do it, google it...it'll save me the time it takes to to explain it.

Now, get on out there and dance in the thunderstorms. Just watch out for the lightening and H1N1.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.