" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 29, 2009

Poultry Casserole

Quick, Easy, Yummy.

Use leftover turkey or begin with a rotisserie chicken from Ingles'--hard to beat at $5 and delicious tasting; unlike the Walmart rotisserie chicken which I think tastes foul. Pun intended. You'll need the whole chicken, skin and bones removed, cut into bite size pieces. Also--even if your not a huge fan of the dark meat--as I--use it in this recipe. It is delicious in my opinion.

Also--2 boxes of Stove Top Stuffing--flavor your choice, prepared per box directions (baked version).

AND...1 can of cream of chicken soup and 12 ounces sour cream.

To put together do this:

Blend soup and sour cream, stir in chicken.

In a greased baking dish, layer 2/3 of the prepared stuffing, top with the chicken mixture, finally topping with the 1/3 reserved stuffing. Bake until hot and bubbly.

This is what we had for Thanksgiving since 'some of us' don't like turkey anymore. It's probably just 'us', but we think turkey smells like a fart. It's a bit too gamey. Sorry if I just ruined turkey for you. Thankfully there's always chicken. Enjoy.

***************

Nice sides with this are: green bean casserole (add some water chestnuts and pimento to the original recipe); baked in the skin sweet potatoes--serve with butter, brown sugar and mini-marshmallows for topping; cranberry marshmallow fluff--that's a recipe for another day..an old family favorite..you'll either love it or not so much.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.