" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 30, 2009

Goodbye November, Bring It On December

I spent this morning doing some heavy cleaning upstairs. Glitter was everywhere from my crafting projects and was getting to me. As well, the bathroom needed cleaning. The best approach? Just dig in, hunker down and do it.

Now it's all clean and ready for some festive Christmas touches. Tomorrow I tackle the downstairs.

Here's the Cranberry Fluff recipe.

You'll need:

1--12 ounce pkg. fresh cranberries
1--10 ounce bag mini-marshmallows
1--14-16 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup walnuts in large pieces if desired
1--8 ounce tub Cool Whip or the 8 ounces whipping cream, whipped until stiff

Wash and sort the fresh cranberries per the package instructions. Drain, then grind in a food processor or a blender. You don't want a paste or puree, but you do what them pretty finely ground. And just to be clear here--you do not cook them...you use them raw.

To the cranberries add the sugar, stirring well, then mix in the marshmallows, pineapple, and nuts. Leave this in the fridge, covered, overnight to allow the marshmallows to soften. Prior to serving fold in the whipped cream/topping.

You'll either really like this, possibly love it like I do, or you won't like it much if at all. I've found people either like it or don't..no middle ground.

It's a fairly healthy dish with 2 fruits and the nuts, the marshmallows are fat free after all, and you can do as I if using Cool Whip--use the Lite version. I like the taste better than the original. As well, the cranberries are loaded with vitamin C and plenty of fiber, not to mention the benefits of the pineapple.

This makes a very large bowl full...enough for leftovers. And its very pretty. You might want to serve it in a clear cut glass bowl. Enjoy.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.