" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 7, 2009

Six Days and Counting Down!

This image is from Valdefierro's Summer Wine Gallery.


For all the lovers of The Last of the Summer Wine series, October 13 is the release date for the LSW Christmas 1978-1982 DVD. Mine has been pre-ordered and I can't wait to get it. It is available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.

At this link you can see the DVD sets that will play on DVD players for the U.S. region. I wish there were more, but --alas --there isn't to date. Some PBS stations feature the show. Also, there had been some episodes on YouTube...though they may have been taken down due to copyright infringement.

LSW has been on the air since the 1970's. Several of the cast have passed on, the most recent being Kathy Staff. I hate to see it come to an end. I guess it can't go on forever but I can dream can't I?

If you're a lover of British Comedy check out this link for more shows.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.