" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 8, 2009

Nutella



Here are two ways I love Nutella...btw...don't bother with any knockoffs...get the real deal. And--chocolate peanut butter does not taste anything like Nutella. To me, the predominate taste of Nutella is chocolate...rich, creamy chocolate.

Number One--Toast two slices of white bread--yes, white, not wheat, not whole wheat...white bread that is more like sponge cake than bread..the cheap stuff mainly. When it is hot out of the toaster and golden, spread it with some real butter...why bother with margarine?..most of it has hydrogenated junk, and those that don't, well they are just pretty darn expensive..butter is cheap where I live, and it's 'real'. You don't have to put on a whole stick or even a tablespoon...just a thin layer. Next, spread with Nutella..do all this quickly, you want to eat it while it's still hot and buttery and chocolate-y. Yummmmm.

Number Two--measure one serving of dry complete pancake mix...forget buying the 'fluffy' variety. I don't know what they put in it, but it ruins it in my opinion. Now add enough water to make very thin pancakes...Let that sit while you get a non-stick skillet smoking hot. Mist the skillet with oil spray, then add some batter; cook til golden, flip and do the same to the second side. You should get 3 smallish thin almost crepes out of a single serve. Spread each one while hot with butter, and you got it...spread with Nutella. A squirt of whipped cream in the can is not too shabby either. I always keep a can in the fridge. Enjoy.

Note: The pancakes are good spread with peanut butter and drizzled with honey, then a sprinkle or two of powdered sugar.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.