" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 31, 2009

Last Minute Halloween Decorations

If you'd like some Halloween craft fun, here are two quick and easy projects. Mind you, they are not my original ideas...I saw them on YouTube. My instructions are quick as well.


Window Jack-O-Lantern

Take a large piece of cardboard--any size you'd like that will fit your window--and cut out eyes, nose and mouth. Paint it black. Behind the cut out area stick with tape some orange or red tissue paper. Place it in your window with a light shining behind it. Voila--a glowing jack-o-lantern.

Luminary

Using a paper lunch size sack here. Cut out a design on the front, and back if desired. Now pop in one of those battery operated tea lights. I've seen them at the Dollar Tree, 4 in a package for--ta da--a dollar. Conversely, you weight the sack with whatever is available and set a small votive in the bag, but you must beware of the possible fire hazard. The battery tea lights are your best bet when it comes to safety.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.