" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 15, 2009

Weight Loss Update

Well--I'm still spinning my wheels in maintenance land--as in maintaining the gain that dates back to August. I just can't seem to get any traction to get out of that rut. But I'm not giving up. I'm considering this a pause.

My immediate goals are to 'live' for health--healthy body, healthy mind. My focus will be on eating healthfully--which includes portion control and moderation, though I'm honing in on the healthy food groups as in lean protein, fruits and veg-- and moving my body more, which means walking-- weather and time permitting-- and lifting weights or doing some strengthening exercises. The healthy mind will be achieved by believing in the possibilities. Instead of seeing barriers and obstructions I will see windows and doors leading to opportunity.

For right now that is all I'm able to muster. And it is enough. Every dream achieved begins first in the mind where is is conceived. The dream roots itself in the heart and as desire grows it fuels the process , steering the dream to fruition where, in time and eternity, it becomes reality.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.