" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 23, 2009

Make Up Tips You Won't Find in a Book

A t least I don't believe you will...I've never come across them in my years to date. And I've read a lot of make up tips.

First one.....red up.

When you've done all you can to 'get the red out' by using green concealers, powders and the like (note: red and green make the color brown--that's why you use green to correct red) and your skin tone is still not even try this trick: red up the non-red area!

I have a lot of red in my cheeks and --well pretty much all over my face except for the area below my nose in between my laugh lines above my upper lip. While the green corrector tones down the red, my upper lip area still looks totally different in color and stands out. One day I took my powder blush, which is close in color to my naked lips, and lightly brushed some blush on that area. Pesto! Instant evenness of skin tone. Now why didn't somebody tell me that earlier?..perhaps because they didn't think of it?

Number two...use two.

If you must use eyebrow pencil to darken and fill in sparse brow areas, use two colors. I've found that if I use a darker color as a base for the larger empty areas of brow and use a lighter color to fill in the small thinner areas I get a more natural look.

The lighter color wasn't sufficient on it's own and the darker color was too dark to use much of. But in tandem, they work beautifully to produce a more natural looking brow.

As a teen I had very thick dark eye brows, which I tweezed and plucked. However I was not aware that as we age our brows thin out...so now my brows are a bit too sparse in the part that should be the widest and too thin in the 'tail'.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.