" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 1, 2009

Family Love


This is me--above--around age 6. I was one happy little girl--well loved with a future full of hope and dreams to be lived out.






This is my mom--above-- as a little girl. I think she is adorable. She still has that sweet face and bunny nose.

She was born during the Great Depression. Mom just turned 78 and is going strong. That pleases me and makes me happy. Thank you Lord for that blessing.







And this--above-- is my maternal grandmother. I think she is beautiful .


As a young woman, wife and mother she lived through the Great Depression, experiencing the hardships that went along with having a large family on limited resources. There were other heartaches too. Her husband, my grandpa, developed a problem with alcohol. He eventually left her.


Grandma has been dead many years. But she lived on up into her eighties. She was talented in that she could make a wonderful home with barely anything.


I never saw her feel sorry for herself though her life became a singular one when my grandfather divorced her to marry another woman. I was too young to remember at the time, but he left Grandma with her youngest, about age 11, who moved away when he was 18 to get married.


After that she lived a few months at a time with her children, and when she was able, rented a place to live. Thus she did until she died, never remarrying.


Her life, from my vantage point, was one of consistency and routine and appeared harmonious to me. When she came to visit I loved that she always had time to play card games with us kids and she made old fashioned chocolate fudge. The kind you cook on top of the stove.


And I was fascinated as I watched her dip her rat tail comb into a glass of water and wind partitioned stands of hair into neat pin curls. She always looked like a million bucks, though she had very little monetarily.


She could paint, and wallpaper and reupholster and oh how I wish I could have spent more time with her and learned from her. But alas, that was not to be.


If you are reading this post and there is time yet to spend with your granny and your momma, do it now while you may. There are treasures to be discovered in the sweet fellowship of moments spent with a loved one. Don't waste any of them. You have no idea what the fates will bring in 2009.

To every thing there is a season,and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to
pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a
time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast
away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8













"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.