" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 2, 2008

Beautiful Salad



This time of year it's a good idea to eat salads because you can save some calories--and you need your veggies too. But tomatoes, which often are part of a salad, don't taste very good, plus they are more expensive.

Enter this salad. It's one of my favorites--and it is beautiful too.

There is no recipe. But I will give you a general of idea of amounts for one salad.

Here's the ingredient list: (layer in the order given)

2 cups of washed baby spinach
1 ounce of soft plain goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
1 heaping tablespoon of walnut pieces

Serve with a lightly sweetened dressing like a balsamic vinaigrette or a poppy seed dressing. Yum.

Note: In the summertime I replace the cranberries with fresh strawberry slices.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.