" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 3, 2008

No Bake Cookie Oatmeal

I love No Bake Cookies. When my kids were little I made them often because the ingredients are the kind you have on hand. But I don't dare make them for myself--I know I'd overindulge. So I came up with a little cheat that is similar in taste.

This version of oatmeal has appeared on the Internet with variations. Here's mine. You can adjust the portions and make a bigger serving.

1/4 cup dry quick oats
Sweetener to taste
1 rounded tablespoon of baking cocoa powder
10-15 raisins
3 ounces of water
2 Tablespoons of
evaporated milk

Stir tog. and nuke about 2 mins 15 seconds in a 600 watt microwave oven. Adjust time if yours is higher wattage.

Now measure a tablespoon of white chocolate peanut butter, plop it on top of the hot oats--when it melts, spread it over the top in a thin layer so you get a little with every bite. If you stir it in you won't be able to taste it.

Eat. Enjoy.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.