" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 2, 2008

Intuitive Eating Insight

I don't have much to say today, so I thought I'd point you to a new blog I'm reading. The author is doing intuitive eating and this post--Looking Back-gives some insight to her experiences with it.

While I'm monitoring my calories intake and working to stay in the 1600 on average calorie range, I'm using the hunger scale to determine when I should eat and how much volume wise. And I continue to allow all foods--trying to satisfy my cravings so I won't set myself up for a binge.

Learning how to do all this within a healthy parameter is a process that takes some time...there is definitely a learning curve. But in the long run I believe all will even out and I will find the balance I've been missing all these years when it comes to eating and the way I relate to it.

So, head on over to What I Ate Yesterday and glean what you can.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.