" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 23, 2008

Raw Cookie for One


First a weight update....I still haven't lost the 1.25 pounds I gained in August over vacation...and I put on a little more over Labor Day, making me 2.1 pounds above my "low" . (I need to put my losses in the sidebar--they'd be easier to keep up with since I don't weigh often.) That puts me at 13.6 total lost--previously I was down 15.7.

My method is to weigh and write it down on a calendar page...but only when the current weight is lower than the previously recorded (on the calendar page) weight. That way I don't get discouraged by having to write down an increase.

For some reason it seems that weight loss is harder this time of year. As nature slows down it seems like my body does too. As well, so does my motivation to "diet". But this is typical for me--the waning motivation come fall. And though I'm not as motivated I'm also not discouraged and intend to continue losing. It will happen. It will be slow. But I will lose the 20 pounds I set out to lose.

Now for the raw cookie recipe. Why raw? Well--when I bake cookies I like the raw dough almost as much as the cooked. And when you're making just one cookie, who wants to heat up a big oven? And I don't have a toaster oven.

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 tablespoon of almond butter or peanut butter
  • 3 teaspoons of skim milk powder
  • one packet of Splenda or one tablespoon powdered sugar
  • 10 dark chocolate chips
  • one teaspoon of ground flax seed

Begin to mix this together and add a tiny amount of water as needed so it will bind. You can shape this into a cookie with your fingers or do as I do and eat it with a spoon.

I find it very satisfying when I am hungry for a homemade cookie and it doesn't do much damage.

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.