" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

July 3, 2008

Brief Update

I don't have time for a long post...but wanted to say thanks for the comments in the previous post and....I've lost another 1.4 pounds!!! That puts my total weight loss to date at 15 pounds!!!! Yay!!! Granted slow, but less painful.

Intuitive Eating is a great book and I've been using the hunger scale instead of counting calories...a little scary at first, but works so well for me...and I don't find myself eating up to my calorie allotment. In fact, I don't think about food as much at all. My focus is more on figuring out what sounds good to eat so that I can honor my hunger and my health and eat the amount that respects my fullness level. (More about this later.)

Got to run...plan to post some more on the Intuitive Eating method...maybe tomorrow or the next day. If you are one of those people that have tried every diet or are sick of diets, this might be the book for you. I heartily recommend it!

Stay tuned...
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.