" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

June 2, 2008

Persistence Pays Off Again!!

I weighed this morning and I've lost another .6 pounds, making my total weight loss 13.6 pounds. Yay!!!

For the past couple of months complex carbs have made up a large part of my eating, along with a moderate amount of good fat: EVOO, unrefined organic virgin coconut oil, walnut oil, almonds, walnuts and natural peanut butter; and small amounts of lean animal protein---mostly seafood, a little chicken or pork loin and, on the rare occasion, beef--organic, antibiotic and hormone free when eaten at home.

I'm eating lots of beans which I enjoy tremendously and, a huge plus , not only are they filling they are cheap!

I think I've found the perfect combination of calories and food that allows me to lose excess weight, feel full, and diminish my cravings. For the most part since I've been eating more whole foods I find I don't have the cravings I've had prior. Note though, I at no time forbade any food. I just made choices whose effect was to aid instead of hinder my efforts.

Jenna at Eat,Live,Run has been an inspiration when it comes to my food choices, as is Kath at Kath Eats Real Food. Both of these young women post pictures of the foods they eat daily and give descriptions. I "see" those healthy foods, and as is my nature, I want to eat them. If you aren't already reading their blogs you may want to check them out.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.