" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

June 6, 2008

MUESLI

I've been eating a bowl of oatmeal plus for weeks and weeks with the occasional poached egg or waffle as a variation. Since it's gotten hot outside and sort of losing its appeal, I decided it was time to try some Muesli.

My bowl this morning was quite delicious. Here is what it included:



1/4 cup quick raw oats
6 ounces of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
1/2 of an organic nectarine, peel on (they were on sale at Kroger's)
15 dried cherries (these as so worth the money!)
1/2 of ounce of walnuts (good fat--source of omega 3's)
approx. 3 tablespoons of cooked wheat berries

Had I remembered I'd have added a teaspoon of flax meal. Since I used quick oats they softened up fast.

If you're inclined to give Muesli a try, just begin with the oats and milk, and take it from there---be creative---any fruit, nut, grain addition will work. How about some cranberries, coconut, and almonds? Or blueberries, banana, and pecans? Just be judicious in your measure of higher calorie items if you're trying to slim down.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.