" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

May 8, 2008

Lost Another Half Pound

Back to report I weighed today and I've lost another half pound, and I'm thrilled to say the least. Yesterday I wore a pair of Capri's that I couldn't wear last year. Today's loss puts me at a total of 12.1.

I started this effort at the end of September 2007. Thinking today "why have I been able to stick with it when the results are so slow in coming?", this is what I realized:

  1. I really, badly want to lose 20 pounds.
  2. I am not in a hurry---I'm satisfied with slow but steady progress.
  3. I've quit looking for the magic bullet.
  4. The method I've chosen is doable for life (so maintenance, which is always the hardest and most critical juncture, will be a piece of cake).

The reason number four is doable for life is because there are no restricted foods, a higher calorie intake than is usual for most diets, and exercise is an option, not a requirement.

So for now I'm signing off---still on hiatus--wishing you all well in your weight loss endeavor. I am still reading all of your blogs and receiving tremendous help and motivation. At some point I will return to more regular blogging, but for now I am enjoying the respite.

Take care.

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.