" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

April 21, 2008

Brief Update

I'm not back from my hiatus, but had to check in and give an update. I weighed this morning and I've lost another 1.6 pounds !!! That makes my total loss 11.6 and me a very happy lady.

To reach my 20 pound loss I have 8.4 pounds to go.

One thing that has helped me is I've gotten a handle on those creeping calories. They were putting me into maintenance mode instead of losing mode.

I shaved where I could do so without feeling cheated, by eating more voluminous foods so that I could satiate my hunger on fewer calories.

For example, I added more water to my morning oatmeal---I'd been eating it thick...now I'm eating it thinner. And I replaced my half banana with a quarter of banana and added some fresh sliced strawberries and instead of a nut butter I added some thin sliced almonds for good fat and crunch. And....I started drinking my coffee black. I treated myself to a bag of blueberry crumble coffee beans and made it a bit stronger so there is lots of flavor. It takes some getting used to, drinking my coffee without half and half...but I learned to drink my tea without sugar and I can do this too without feeling deprived because I've chosen to do it because I want to, not because I feel I must.

Got to run...still on hiatus...I'm enjoying reading YOUR blogs and the nice weather is an incentive to get out and get moving. Cheerio for now!
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.