" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

March 18, 2008

STALLED

Well there it is folks...an update on the status of my efforts to lose weight and maintain my to date loss. I'm still on the plateau. But I'm going to just hang tough...eventually something will give.

I've managed to get some walking/sprinting in...although I must tread carefully so as not to stir up any old injuries or create new ones. And the unplanned eye surgery threw a wrench in this month...that along with my upcoming birthday and Easter holy day have a deleterious effect on my eating plan. But such is to be expected---it is just life....as is said "the beat goes on".

But I don't have to miss too many beats, although I will miss a beat here or there.

Picture removed was photographed by Rolf Hicker pictures from Canyonlands National Park in Utah.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm no money guru but want to make a comment on investing. We know we should never invest more than we are willing to lose. And we know we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket.

When Wall Street tells you this, they mention investing in different stocks and bonds. But if all your money is invested in the stock market, then your investments are not diversified....bottom line is this: your eggs are all in the same basket if they are all in the stock market.

What about investing in real estate ---like owning your own home free and clear. Or investing in precious metals, like gold. Or how about some land you could live off of....

If the stock market collapses and the banks fail, what will you have of value that will help you survive the crisis. Could you grow your own food? Could you build a fire to warm your dwelling? Where would you get your water?

We own several acres covered with trees and there is water on the property. My husband grew up living off the land---he knows how to forage for food in the woods, hunt, and plant and harvest crops. He knows how to fell a tree and build a fire. He knows how to exist without electricity and running water or a bathroom in the house. He knows how to build a cabin or primitive hut. We could probably get by...what about you?

Get ready folks...some hard times appear to be coming down the pike. The government is not our saviour.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.