" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

March 13, 2008

Calorie Saving Tip


I came across a good tip at Kath Eats Real Food. She mentioned that Laughing Cow Light Cheese was good on a sandwich in place of a slice of cheese.

Why didn't I think of that? I use LCL but usually I spread in onto some crackers.

Today I spread a triangle of the Garlic and Herb flavor onto my bread and topped it with some ham. I omitted the mayonnaise---it was delicious.

I'd been using a slice of reduced fat cheese, 50 calories, and half a tablespoon of light mayonnaise, 25 calories. But replacing both of those with the LCL is a calorie expenditure of 35 calories with a net savings of 40 calories and a whole lot more flavor.

I know this is so obvious, but I hadn't thought of it---so I figured you may not have done so either. At any rate, give it a try....I think you'll like it.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.