" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 15, 2008

My Valentine Flowers




Hubby got me these pretty pink tulips for Valentines. I do love tulips, they are one of my favorite flowers. They make me think "Spring!".

I'm sure you can see the heart shaped candy box on the counter. Yes, I did eat several pieces. It is, after all, Valentines day and I'm not getting any younger---I don't have that many of them left.

For lunch we went to a Persian restaurant. It was the first time eating Iranian food for both of us. It's similar to Indian food, but not as spicy. It was delicious and the lady who runs the place was so sweet. She has lived in the U.S. for 20+ years and loves it.

She says the Iranians we see on the television shouting "death to America" are being forced to do so, threatened with losing their jobs if they don't comply.

I'll get back to blogging about my weight loss/weight management efforts soon. I'm still celebrating my good medical report.

By the way, is anyone else having issues with the spell check feature of Blogger? It's not working for me. If you see misspellings, that is a contributing factor.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.