" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 14, 2008

DEVELOPING NEW HABITS

It’s important for me not to keep dangerous trigger foods in my home. But it is as equally important that I replace them with good substitutes that will provide the same tastes and satisfaction for fewer calories, that I also will be less inclined to overeat.

What I’ve discovered is this. Initially I miss those in-house banished foods. But as time passes, it seems just as natural to reach for the replacement foods as it was the previous foods. I derive the same eating pleasure for a whole lot fewer calories.

Those home banished foods, though, still have a place in my life---outside my home. That way should I overindulge, it is boxed in…there can be no repeat at home.
*************************************************************
Note: This is a good strategy that I’ve found helpful. I can have my cake and eat it too. And I think not only do I enjoy the replacement foods as much, I enjoy them more because I’m not “tasting” regret the next day.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.