" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 2, 2008

Date With The Scale


One thing I dreaded when I was doing Weight Watchers was the weekly weigh in. I hated that I had to plan accordingly and forgo eating any processed food the day before because of the sodium content or not eat or drink anything before I weighed or worry about the weight of my clothes and shoes, especially come winter when I wore more clothes and heavier clothes. Add to that a slow digestive transit time, if you know what I mean, and that half pound I'd most likely lost would be buried. To say the least it was discouraging.

There I'd be, so disappointed because I'd followed the plan, with no loss, or worse an increase, surrounded by those who did loose in spite of their less than stellar efforts, gleefully exuding their happiness. It's a wonder I stuck it out long enough to loose 50 pounds (18 on my own and the last 32 with WW) and get my lifetime membership.

Those days are behind me and I don't plan on repeating them ever. I'm not alone in my frustrations at the scale. Last week I came across a blog post with a similar theme and I want to direct you to it. Click here to read the guest post of Diet Girl at the Elastic Waist blog.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.