" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 1, 2008

2008---A Year of Dancing


One single thought for the New Year---a thought to be contemplated: if not now, when?

Our days are numbered. That is a sobering thought. But is is not a morbid thought. It should provoke us to take action and accomplish... occupy... succeed.

Consider these words of wisdom:

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;, a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14

Time marches on. Let's not sit idly by. We can choose to embrace life and experience the joy in any given moment---we can "dance". Or we can let it pass us by and someday look back in regret that we missed our last best chance.

********************************************************************************

I've never been one for dancing in public. My innate modesty prevents me and even if it didn't I'd be too embarrassed---so I just sit and watch. It looks like fun and I find that it makes me happy just to watch. But there are times when I long to join in.

But at home.... alone....when no one is watching, my inhibition dissolves and I dance. A good dancer I'll never be. But that doesn't limit the joy and exuberance I experience in the doing.

How many of us, timid and afraid, don't even attempt the thing which we really desire? We sit aside watching others but that is as far as we get.

We are the enemy of our unrealized dreams. We make excuses... blame others....blame our circumstances. We know we don't have forever, but even that knowledge doesn't rouse us.

The power is within us to begin. Let this be the year we take the first step, make the first move. Let the dance begin.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.