" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 5, 2007

The Pen: Mightier Than The Sword?


I've received from fellow blogger Skinny Guy, who writes "Gotta Keep It Off" , an award: "A Roar For Powerful Words". It is an honor and has me worried, "will I be able to live up to it?" I hope so. At any rate, blog writing is fun and I especially enjoy reading the blogs of others.

This award is to be passed and I've chosen these blogs: Beyond Mercy and Grace, Amy's Humble Musings, Weight of The Evidence, Pleasant View Schoolhouse and Coffee, Tea, Books and Me.

For words to have any power over me, I must identify with the author on some level. And I must desire to experience or understand the writer's perspective. And my life, in some way or on some level, must be enriched or enhanced by the words or else my time spent reading them is wasted.

In short, the words must serve me, a need must be met. If I'm bored, I need entertaining. If I'm sad I need to laugh. If I'm perplexed I need help. If I'm struggling, I need direction, encouragement, support. If I'm ignorant I need instruction, education, understanding, knowledge.

Well written words, words that "touch" me, that draw me in, minister to me.... they supply my need and in so doing become a force for good in my life and are indeed powerful in that respect.


Note: To the above recipients of the award, click here for information.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.