" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 6, 2007

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON


"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord." Luke 2:11

Of Mary, it was said: "and she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". Matthew 1:21

While we are in the midst of the Christmas season, let us not forget the reason we celebrate.

As a child, I loved Christmas, but didn't have a clue what it was all about. For me the Christmas tree, lights, gifts, music and Santa were the highlights. It wasn't until I heard the gospel for the first time at age 20 that I had any real knowledge of the Saviour. I initially rejected him, as many do. But mulling over in my head and heart what I'd heard, and reading with my own eyes, the Bible, which I believe is God's revelation of Himself to the human race, I knew the truth of the written Word and received Him into my life.

I'd ask anyone reading this post, do you personally know Jesus. Have you investigated His claims? He can stand up to any scrutiny...if He can't, then He is not worthy of our respect, let alone our worship. Examine and then decide for yourself. You have nothing to loose.

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.