" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 24, 2007

Home for Thanksgiving


We went over the river and through the woods to spend Thanksgiving with family. A good time was had by all, and there is nothing sweeter than a few hours spent with loved ones celebrating all the good gifts God has bestowed upon us.

Of course, we ate too much, but I expected to do so. Although, I will say I didn't do as much damage as previous years. I'm learning to be more selective.

I did learn, finally, this Thanksgiving holiday that I should never buy candy in packaging that is "pieces" of candy. I made the mistake of buying a box of Mrs. Field's dark chocolate covered lemon filling stick candies.

No matter that 4 are only 140 calories. I will devour them continually and a serving for me will end up being the whole package. In the future I will buy one candy bar or one cupcake, regular size...no minis for me. While I might on the rare occasion eat two regular size candy bars in one day, I would never eat more than 2. But when it comes to bite size/tidbit size goodies...I'm popping them in my mouth all day long and just can't seem to quit.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are ready to move on to the upcoming Christmas holiday. Let the joy begin!
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.