" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 24, 2007

After the Holiday No Hassle Healthy Meal

And, I might add, no left overs. But you will need some fish fillets and vegetables. Both can be frozen. If the fish is not too thick you don't even have to thaw it. I used tilapia for mine and the frozen stir fry mixture of veg. For seasoning I used salt, pepper, dill and some butter. You'll also need some foil, heavy duty...if you have regular, just use two layers. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and follow this recipe from Linda's Low Carb recipes. Couldn't be easier.

Next, while your fish/veggie packet bakes for 30 minutes heat in a microwave safe bowl a cup of soup. One of my favorites is Imagine Organic Butternut Squash Soup .

When the timer goes off announcing your veggie fish packet is ready, remove from the oven and place on a plate opening carefully...you don't want to get burned from the escaping steam.

Minimum preparation, no pans to wash and a meal on the table in a flash. Healthy, tasty, fast...what more could one ask for?
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.