" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 20, 2007

WELCOME PEANUT BUTTER!


Honestly, my blog is not turning into a food blog...but food is on my mind of late. It's taken a new turn in my thinking.

For many years I've avoided peanut butter. Why? It's high fat content and the fear of fat instilled by me since the late 1980's.

No more. I've taken a second look at peanut butter and it is my new best friend. Most mornings it is a mainstay of my breakfast. Generally I have a tablespoon of it...the full fat model, my favorite brand being Jif. I avoid the reduced fat pb because the fat that is missing is replaced by other undesirables. I accompany it with banana slices which I dip into the pb. I round out my breakfast with additional protein, fat and carbs as needed to meet my quota of 20% protein, 30% fat, and a maximum of 50% carbs.

If you have peanut butter fears click here to find out why peanut butter is the dieter's best friend.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.