" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 2, 2007

Quick and Easy


I try to eat something raw at each meal. With a sandwich I really like slicing some red bell pepper and dipping it in a wedge or two of Laughing Cow Light. The Garlic and Herb or the French Onion are two of my dipping favorites.

The LCL is also good spread on some whole grain Melba toast and is a nice accompaniment to a cup of tea when you need something crunchy and quick.

An easy savory snack I've been enjoying is shrimp cocktail. I purchase the frozen cooked tail on shrimp, 40-60 per pound. They are not that expensive. Thaw them per package directions....about 10 shrimp are a serving and are 70 calories with 12 grams of protein. I make the cocktail sauce. I don't keep horseradish on hand, but I always have wasabi paste. It's a simple matter of mixing a little wasabi with some catsup. Instant sauce so to speak.

These are so no brainer they hardly seem worth mentioning, but thought I would just in case you haven't thought of them yourself. The shrimp can be tossed into some "kicked up" Ramen Noodle soup.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.