" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 25, 2007

Moving Toward Success




Today I was able to wear a pair of Capri's that have been set aside all summer because they were too tight. In one month I've lost 4.2 pounds. That may not sound like a lot to some, but it is huge for me.

In 2002 I became a lifetime member of WW. I lost 50 pounds that year and kept it off about 2 years. But menopause entered my life, and I regained 10 pounds. I returned to WW, but that ten pounds would not budge. So I decided, I'll live with it.

Fast forward to 2005. We relocated and I gained 20 pounds in 10 weeks. It was shocking. My doctor checked a couple of things looking for an underlying medical cause, but everything came back normal.

Since that gain, I tried repeatedly, including returning to WW, to lose the 20 pounds. It would not budge. Frustrated, I decided I was going to have to figure out my own plan, something that would work for me, for the rest of my life...and I have. And I love it.

I've had lots of inspiration along the way from fellow bloggers. I've been reading and inspired by Kathy , Pasta Queen, Dave, and Skinny Guy. They share their failures as well as their successes and I think that is honest. I learn from them.

While 4.2 pounds may sound minuscule to many, to me it is huge. Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint (I read that on someone's blog) and finally "getting" that concept, I'll settle for slow and steady.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.