" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

April 5, 2007

Good Friday

Over the years I've heard people comment "what's so good about good Friday?", lamenting the fact that the Son of God was crucified.

But, if He had not been crucified, the penalty for our sin would not have been paid. The death, His death, on the cross paid that penalty once and for all...no more sacrifices ....no more shedding of blood is necessary...for the Supreme sacrifice has been paid by the Lamb of God...His blood purchased our redemption.

And salvation by grace through faith...available to all who will receive Him, to those who will "call upon His name"...is ours.

He "lay down his life", no one "took" his life. And He did it because of Love. He demonstrated that Love when He lay down his life for us..."no greater love hath a man, than that he lay down his life for his friends". Thus, while he suffered much and was in great agony of pain, it was His gift of Love to us.

Good Friday? Yes, and again I say Yes! Without it, there would be no Easter, no salvation, no hope.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.