" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

January 24, 2007

Worth The Money

I'm a frugal person. But there are two items I use quite regularly that are pricey but worth the money.

The first is the Schick Intuition razor. I hate shaving my legs in the shower. At home I do them in the tub, but when traveling I don't take tub baths...only showers. Hence I find myself having to shave in the shower which is no easy task. By the time you get the shaving medium on your legs the shower has washed most of it away. Plus, I have to shave after I've been in the shower a few minutes so my skin doesn't get irritated from shaving, as it will if I try to shave without soaking my legs in water for a few minutes prior to shaving. Even shaving with lotion before showering will not work for me...my skin still gets irritated.

The Schick Intuition razor eliminates the need for a shaving medium. It lathers and shaves in one easy step. And it has a triple blade...you get an incredibly smooth shave that lasts longer than usual. Not only that, the blade itself can be used multiple times. Since I only use mine when I travel it lasts a long time and makes it economical from the cost standpoint.

The price with tax is close to $10.00. You get the razor, 2 triple blade refills, and a suction cup with which to hang the razor so it can dry. When I purchased mine I cringed when I saw the price. But is is worth every penny.

The second pricey item I love is liquid band aid. The brand I've been using is the Band Aid brand. It costs around $7 or $8...but it's worth every penny. Not only does it seal the cracks on my fingers it speeds healing. If you have to have your hands in water a lot, you know a regular band aid is worthless . And not only does the liquid band aid seal, it lasts for two or three days. I highly recommend it.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.