" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

December 29, 2006

The Joy of Microfiber

Recently while channel surfing I caught a QVC program featuring Don Aslett products. Being a fan of Don’s cleaning expertise I parked there awhile. I was fascinated by the microfiber cleaning cloths. Remembering I had a couple of small pieces of that cloth given me by my ophthalmologist to clean the lenses of my eyeglasses I dug them out and started cleaning…wow…I was impressed. They removed the “crust” on my knickknacks with plain water and little effort. My mirrors gleamed after wiping them down with a wet microfiber cloth well wrung out…no drying necessary.

A trip to the store yielded some larger cloths….I tackled the inside of the fridge and in the space of 5 minutes had wiped down the entire interior. I could go on and on, but I won't.

When these cloths first came out and were demonstrated in stores I thought they sounded too good to be true, and when I asked the price, around $6 at the time for one, I declined to buy them. My frugal self reasoned I had a whole closet full of clean cloths waiting for use, all “free” as they’d come from bath towels that had seen better days.

I was wrong. They are worth the money.

In fact, they’ve come down in price so I’ve stocked up. My friends and family can plan on getting them from me as gifts. If you don’t want to wait, you can find them at Dollar General, a pack of 3 for $3. At Wal-Mart you can get 8 for $4.88. And Target has several size choices…I got 12 for $9.99. You’ll find them in the automotive department with the car washing supplies.

I’ve purchased microfiber dishtowels too. Love 'em….. Got mine at Wal-Mart, $5 for a pack of 4.

Note, however, that when you launder them do not use bleach, fabric softener (in the washer or dryer) or hot water. Wash in warm water with a mild detergent. And don’t dry them with other clothes. All the lint will stick to them due to the electromagnetic charge they have. Just hang them to dry if you have only one or two …I’ve purchased several so I can do them as one small load.

Treat yourself to some and begin your New Year cleaning with less effort and more ease.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.