" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 3, 2006

The Idol of the Ideal

I read several other blogs and found the post "The Idol of the Ideal" to be a good one.

You can read it at: http://ordinarymother.wordpress.com/2006/10/19/the-idol-of-the-ideal-2/.

For many years I did not understand I was an idol worshipper. There were many things I placed "above" the Lord....wanting what I wanted instead of wanting what HE wanted for me was a biggie.

I thought idol worship was bowing to a bronze statue of Buddha, and I didn't do that. When I "wised" up I had to add idol worship to my list of shortcomings/sins.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.