" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 7, 2006

Life"s A Circus

Anyone remember the newspaper cartoon "Life's a Circus"? Life is a circus!...complete with a roaring lion. 'Cept this lion's on the loose and he has a name: "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour..." I Peter 5:8.

How is one supposed to protect himself from an adversary that can't be seen or heard?

James 4:7 says: "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you". Most Christians are well versed on submission to God. But how does one "resist" the devil?

Paul gives us the key in Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

So, get that armour on...the devil is wiley and he has a whole bag of tricks. Without that armour, you are easy prey...and you may be devoured.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.