" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 14, 2006

Hope For Our Nation

IIChronicles 7:14 says; "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

I used to think the key to revival in our land was for people, myself included, "to turn from their wicked ways".

But lately I've been thinking I was wrong, and that the key , found in this verse written by God to His people, is this: "shall humble themselves".

Until one is willing to humble himself before God, he will not pray; he will not seek God's face, he will not turn from his wicked ways. Any appearance of such, without humility as the motivation, is pure hypocrisy.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.