" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 20, 2006

Rice-a-roni Chicken Salad

1 (4 1/2 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, drained and cut (save liquid)
1 whole chicken breast, cooked and diced

Dressing:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon curry powder, plus remaining artichoke liquid

Method
Cook Rice-a-Roni according to directions and cool.
Cook chicken seperately and chop.
Add into rice, the diced onion, green pepper, artichoke and chicken.
Next, stir together the three dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Add dressing to rice salad mixture and stir.
Place salad into a 9 x 13 dish edged with curly lettuce leaf to make it pretty.
Chill 2 hours and serve.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.