" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

February 22, 2011

I Hate My Body

NOT!!

I appreciate my body.  It's the shell that  houses my spirit--which is the esence of me.

It is fearfully and wonderfully made declares the psalmist David.

And it is made in the image of God.

It's an amazing machine as it were.

Hearing on TV this morning that the average woman 'hates' her body' 13 times a day made me cringe.

What rot. 

It's come to that has it???

Why do so many women allow the influence of the world standard of beauty to rob them of their joy?

To devote so much thought to the body image????

Ridiculous I say.

Sure, I'd rather I hadn't been born with crooked bottom teeth, or eyes that require spectacles.  I'd prefer to be taller than I am.  And a few other things.

But to obsess-- 13 times a day-- and hate my body?

Ridiculous.

I say, can we even believe that report?

If it is true, then women of the world I say "STOP!!!"

You are allowing your feelings to rob you.
  

DO NOT LET THE WORLD CONFORM YOU TO THEIR IMAGE OF WHAT YOU SHOULD BE.

It is your decision and yours alone.

Reject what others tell you.  

Take your power and use it and make up your own mind.

Begin treasuring the body that houses the essence of you.

Take care of that body.

And most of all, be thankful for the gift of it--because it is truly a gift, designed by a beneficent Creator.


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.