" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 30, 2010

Microfiber and Mighty Mouse Save the Day

My dryer lint filter is in the top of my dryer.  Because it is important to clean the lint filter with each load that is dried, I do.  But tiny pieces of lint--lint dust-- end up all over the top of my dryer.

For years I cleaned up up with a wet paper towel.

Let me tell you, getting wet lint up and off your dryer is no easy feat.  But leaving it dry is worse--the lint scatters everywhere and ends up mostly in the air and on the floor.

Then one day I got a brilliant idea.

I bought a micro-fiber duster at the Dollar Tree.

Voila.  A mini dust mop that captures the lint in one fell swoop.

I keep it hanging beside my dryer.  All it needs for maintenance is a good shake outside--like you'd do a dust mop--once in a while.  And it can be laundered.

No more using those expensive paper towels and no more chasing lint.

And for your viewing pleasure one of my favorite cartoons from the past:


"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.