" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

July 21, 2010

Another Dessert Option

If you have a sweet tooth and are trying to lose or maintain weight loss you can still indulge.  You can eat that banana split.  But not everyday.  And not often.  It should be on your eat once in a while list.

However there are sweets you can eat daily and still make your goal.  Last post had one and here's another.

You'll need:

  • 1 Weight Watchers Latte Bar (90 Calories, 1 point)
  • 6 tablespoons of fat free Cool Whip (45 calories)
  • 2 bite size Heath Bar mini's (86 calories)
Crumble your mini's while they're still in the wrapping.

Place your Cool Whip in a bowl and sprinkle with the Heath crumbs.  Unwrap your frozen treat bar and proceed to dip each bite in the candy bar topping.  It's not only delicious, it is fun to eat.  And tastes decadent, all for a mere 221 calories.

Typically I'm not a fan of fat free products, but there are some tolerable ones out there. For use as a topping--not mixed into a recipe-- I do believe I prefer the taste of the fat free Cool Whip over the reduced and regular fat ones.

And choosing the fat free  Cool Whip allows me to save my fat calories for healthier fat options--like good old peanut butter.

Hmmm...now I'm thinking...I love peanut butter pie.  Wonder what some peanut butter mixed in with some fat free Cool Whip would taste like? Peanut butter mousse?  Think I'll give that a try soon.  And if I sprinkled it with a few graham cracker crumbs it might even pass as peanut butter chiffon pie.  Wait...if I add some fat free cream cheese--and the ideas keep coming.

Being a foodie and dieting can work--we just have to be a bit more creative, but isn't that part of what being a foodie is all about?  Working with food, dreaming about recipes is as important to  a foodie as eating.

We don't have to give up the foods we love and enjoy to lose or maintain losses--we can figure out how to fit them in with a little thought and practice.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.