" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 3, 2009

Happy Almost Fall Y'All

Technically it's not fall until September 21. But the kids are back in school, the temperature is dropping and the bugs are waning, so it's close enough for me.

I've been perusing my cookbooks and online recipes. Harvest time is approaching and the 'gathering in' gene is kicking in.

There are the holidays to look forward to and the present to enjoy, or endure, as the case may be. We would do well to count our blessings now. What a day may bring forth can rock our world, so if your days seem ordinary and even, well, boring...think of how awful they might be instead. That alone should be cause to rejoice--rejoice in your boring life. If you don't currently have, or have never had, any bumps in the road, beware. They are ahead. Of that you can be certain. I'll take boring and ordinary over intense and agonizing any old day.

Psalm 24:1

"The earth is the LORD's (Yahweh's), and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein."
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.