" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

May 17, 2008

The Process

If you haven't checked out Lynn's blog for awhile, do. She's been nominated for Best of Blogs award...so head on over there and vote if you'd like.

I left a comment on her blog and and after rereading it thought it was fairly significant...mind you, I'm not patting myself on the back or anything. I just wanted to have it available for my own reference and thought I'd share it here.

When faced with a plateau the thing to remember is we have all the time in the world to get to our weight loss goal....what's the rush?

I think if one is following a plan that is too restrictive or too low in calories, it is hard to follow for long, and a plateau will be the downfall....because there is no reward for the deprivation. But if one is eating healthfully, enjoying some favorite foods along the way, there is no reason to quit, and a plateau is no big deal.

If we are so encompassed with weight loss that we over-focus on the end result we will lose patience with the whole process.

"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.