" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

November 14, 2007

BEEFY MUSHROOM SOUP


As promised I'm posting the recipe for this soup (in the picture). It was delicious. I found the recipe and the picture at Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes . It's a great site and you'll likely want to check it out.

Even if you're not doing low carb, you'll want to make this recipe. It will be low calorie and low point and I think it is even Core for the WW people. At any rate, it is yummy no matter if you're watching your weight or not. And guess what!? It has pumpkin!! The pumpkin gives it a golden color...makes me think of Golden Mushroom Soup.

Notes: I made just half the recipe and I didn't have any white wine so I used the water instead. My husband liked it and we will definitely repeat it.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.