" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

October 1, 2007

Spiced Apple Tea

Finally! Fall weather.

Today I was shopping at Krogers and the cool weather outside and the fall displays in the store put me back in the mood for Fall. For me that means lots of baking and apple cider and such. And it must follow that the baking leads to eating.

BUT......I'm trying to drop a few pounds, so I'm going to have to get creative. Desiring something that tasted and smelled and looked like fall, without being high in calories, so I could be more indulgent, I came up with spiced apple tea.

Apple cider which begins with cider is around 100 calories per cup. But there is an apple juice cocktail available with just 25 calories per cup and while it's not as healthy as eating an apple, it will appease the fall food craving for hot cider without adding a lot to your daily caloric intake.

SPICED APPLE TEA

2 cups apple juice cocktail
1 spiced tea bag

Bring the apple juice cocktail to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bag. Let steep for several minutes.

Enjoy

And for a low point (Weight Watchers) muffin to go with your cuppa, head over to the blog "Kathy Calculates: Recipes" for her recipe for Fudgy One Point Muffins:

http://kathycalculatesrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/07/fudgy-1-point-muffins.html

She also has a weight loss blog if you need some daily encouragement in that area.
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.