" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

September 3, 2006

A good sinner

Admitting I was a sinner was difficult for me. I'd tried so hard to be good. But the Bible says there is none that do good, there is none righteous...all have sinned...all fall short (Romans 3:10,23). Until one can admit this to himself and God, one will not call upon His name....

Pride kept me from admitting I was a sinner...and that same pride kept me from calling on His name and receiving his gracious gift of salvation. [Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".]

Agreeing with God that I indeed was a sinner and calling on Him to save me entered my name in the Book of Life in August 1970 and assured my entrance to Heaven. "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life" I John 5:13
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.