" For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. " Song of Solomon

August 19, 2006

Let me introduce myself...

I am the not quite yet extinct house wife....I am a wife...of 38 years and my main career has been caring for my home....and I love it....I can't think of a better job or career....I was a teen-ager in the tumultous 60's, and I, as my brother, was not in the anti-establishment crowd...the times, "they were a changin"...but I did not intend to change with them...WHY? because I'd been raised by a single divorced mom....and I'd experienced the heartache and heartbreak of divorce...I'd seen my daddy spiral into alchoholism....I saw my mother struggle to keep family together and put food on the table working as a waitress for a dollar an hour plus tips, and might I add she did it all without complaining....and I promised myself, as a ten year old girl, that when I grew up I would not drink, smoke, cuss or get divorced....I wanted to be like June Cleaver and the characters I'd seen Doris Day play in her movies...you know, the ones with the station wagon, a shaggy dog, a loving husband and several happy children...

And might I say, while I've had some jobs along the way, none has been so satisfying as being a housewife....I hear women say how bored they'd be if they "had" to stay at home all day....who says you have to stay home all day....I don't....
"....there have been many times when I have shed bitter tears, when if I had understood the situation better, I would have celebrated my good luck instead."

DISCLAIMER

I am not a doctor and all information, suggestions, etc are my personal opinion only.